Are you a busy mom who struggles to feed the millennial kids? All that the kids want is restaurant style food and 24 hours in a day seem too little for you? We have two fabulous restaurant style easy to prepare recipes. These will get your kids lick their fingers as they quietly enjoy their dinner at the table. No complaining, no whinging! And the bonus is that these are one pot pasta recipes. So interesting cooking activities with easy cleanup for you! Win-win situation here.
One Pot Fettuccine Alfredo
- 2 chicken breast, thinly sliced (or shrimp/mushroom)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk, or more, as needed
- 225g uncooked fettuccine
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken, shrimp or sausage pieces. If making vegetarian, you may add mushrooms or your choice of veggies.
- Stir in chicken or veg broth, milk and fettuccine; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cooked al dente, about 18-20 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley or chili flakes.
Penne in Puttanesca sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Chopped 2 fresh red chilies
- 2 tbsp capers
- ½ kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, dry
- 2 cup canned tomatoes, crushed
- 400g penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken broth or veg broth
- Bunch of fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- parsley to garnish
- In a large and deep pot over medium-high heat, warm oil.
- Add in onions, garlic, and Italian seasonings.Add chilies, capers and olives. Do not brown the onions or garlic.
- Add in diced tomatoes, penne pasta, chicken or veg broth, and salt and pepper.
- Stir and allow to come to a gentle boil.
- Slightly cover pan and let it cook for 12 minutes before stirring and then cover again and allow to cook for an additional 12-15 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Once pasta is cooked, garnish with grated parmesan cheese, fresh chopped basil and parsley.
How quick and easy are these recipes! Try them today for dinner, take pictures and let us know.
If have more pasta recipes, share with us, tag us and keep cooking.
However, don’t forget to enjoy that #metime!!
You would also love this to create more one pot recipes –