You remember we had listed few conversation starters for a party (Read blog here). Well now party seems far off with the threat of Corona virus in the air. Social distancing is in. Tension of managing the house and family and kids (without maids!) is creating a depressing air around us. Everyone is bored out of their minds.
Usually we spend the entire week running behind our careers (read: money!) and then spend the weekends socialising (read: partying!!). So, we hardly have any time to stop and really ask our family about their changing likes, dislikes, preferences, etc. I suggest let’s make use of this time at home and have real conversations with our kids, parents, in laws, and most importantly husband. You never know, they will surprise you and you would realise that you don’t know them as well as you think you do!!
Don’t know how to start having a conversation? Well we have few suggestions to get you started!!
Conversation starters while social distancing
Kids Conversation starters
- Favorite ice cream flavor
- Favorite teacher in school
- The subject you find most interesting
- If there was one subject you never would have to study, which would that be
- Thing you like most about school
- If you were in a circus, which animal you would like to be
- If you were on a farm, which animal you would like to be
- Why do you like to take selfies
- Which was funniest dream you had
- Which was the scariest dream you had
- If you had a robot for a day, what would ask it to do
- Would you prefer staying on a mountain or at a beach
- Favorite song last heard
- Would you like to be parents for a day
- What kind of friends do you like
- What do you like most about your best friend
- Your favorite TV series and why
- What do you like most about your grandmother
- The thing you like most about your grandfather
- What do you like most about your mother
- The thing you like most about your father
Family Conversation starters
- If you had a time traveler, would you go back in time or in future
- Which time in the past you like most
- Funniest dream you had
- Scariest dream you had
- Best childhood memory you have
- The chore which you least like to do
- If you were not living, whether you would like to live in the mountain or on the beach
- Top 3 travel goals
- What are you most grateful for
- What would you name the movie of your life
- Who would play you in that movie
- What made you most proud as a parent
- What would be your ideal day
- If you had a robot for a day, what would you ask it to do
- One thing you would like to change about this life
- One thing that you are most grateful about
- Name one song / movie / book that impacted your life in a large way
- Would you like a different career than you are having right now?
Also check this:
Couple Conversation starters
You can also check our blog for couple conversation starters
- What are you most passionate about
- Weirdest dream you had
- What do you consider as a most romantic date
- Would you like to have a different career than you have now
- Which time is your favorite from past
- If you had an option to go back in childhood, would you
- If you had 3 wishes granted what would those be
- Who do you consider as your mentor and why?
- What is your favorite weekend getaway
- Your first reflex when things are hectic
- What do you do first when you are happy
- First thing you remember about me
- If a movie were made about us, what would you name it?
- Who would play us in that movie
- If you win a lottery what is the first thing that you would do?
- If your boss said he would donate $10,000 to the charity of your choice, what would that be
Also read: Keep your #Couplegoals Alive
Enjoy your time at home with these conversation starters while social distancing!