You might be inviting new friends over to your house for the first time or meeting same friends for the hundredth time. In any house party apart from good food and good music, you also need to ensure good conversation flowing. These conversation starter jars come in real handy if any conversation starts to die out.
Imagine after dinner everyone is lazed out, caught up on happenings in each other’s lives and suddenly everything goes quiet. People start looking at each other’s faces hoping at least someone would think of a new conversation topic to start. These conversation starter jars fit in the role of drowning out silences and filling it up with fun chatter.
Conversation starter jars #1: Getting to know you better questions
- Who is your celebrity soul mate?
- What is the most daring thing you have done till date?
- What if you had only one day to live? List the things you would do in that day.
- What would you do if you got $1 billion as a gift?
- If given a choice would you stay on a mountain or a beach?
- What is one thing that no one knows about you
- How long can you go without touching your phone?
- If you woke up as opposite sex what would be the top 3 things you would do?
- What will you name the movie of your life? Who would play you in your movie?
- Which cartoon character would you like to have in your real life?
- How frequently do you check your horoscope?
- What do you like more – crowds or solitude?
- Sleep in or rise early?
- Would you rather be hero or a villain?
- What is your dream job? If you wanted an alternate career what would it be?
Conversation starter jars #2: Couple questions
- What is your ideal weekend as a couple?
- Most embarrassing thing done till now as a couple?
- Name 3 top places from your couple travel bucket list
- Best thing about your first. Describe your partner on first date.
- Color of the dress of your spouse on your engagement day and wedding day.
- Where did you celebrate your first anniversary?
- Which adjective best describes your spouse’s family?
- When did you have your first fight?
- What spouse’s most repeated word or sentence?
- Which was your best vacation till date?
- Who is a better cook – you or your spouse?
- If your house is on fire what would your spouse grab before he / she leaves
- What is the song applicable to your spouse?
- If someone told you your spouse is a murderer how would you react?
- Which one of you proposed marriage first?
- Who takes longer to get dressed?
- Which cartoon character does your spouse resembles to?
- Would you reveal a deep dark secret about your spouse if someone gave you a million dollars?
- Who is in charge of remote control while watching TV?
- What do you think you would do together when you are 60?
- Who do you think is the driving force in your relationship?
Conversation starters #3: For it or against it?
- Any political scenario
- Charitable organisation
- Latest released movie
- Sports team or any member of the sports team
- Kids home schooling
- Nepotism in film industry
- Ordering in from restaurants
- Building communities in space
Or any other topic you can think of which will help start a conversation.
Let us know after you try these conversation starter jars in your parties.
You will also like offbeat me time activities.